Monday, June 3, 2013

Weekly Spending - 5/26/13 - 6/01/13


It's that time of the week once again...let's see how I did! My weekly spending for this week consists of the following:

Sunday 5/26:
Propane - $6
Camping Stove Hose - $20

Monday 5/27:
None

Tuesday 5/28:
None

Wednesday 5/29:
None

Thursday 5/30:
Gas - $20

Friday 5/31:
Lunch - $10

Saturday 6/01:
None

Total Week Spending: $62

This week did not include any car problems, which is always a good thing after the week I had last week. I also did not make any major purchases and tried to keep my spending to a minimum. I made another purpose for my camping trip that is coming up, buying some propane for the camping stove for $6.

When I went to test the stove, I realized that the shut off valve wasn't really working. I tried some WD40, but that didn't solve the problem. The hose and stove functioned fine other than that, but I figured it might be leaking propane while using it - or I'd forget to unscrew the little tank and the next day would be out of propane. I decided the best idea was to just buy the new hose, which cost $20. If you are going camping, it's always important to check your gear before you leave!

I also filled up my gas tank on Thursday, which once again ran me $20. On Friday we went out for a co-workers birthday. I picked a relatively cheap item on the menu for $10, and just got water to go with it. I'd rather just bring lunch everyday, but it doesn't really bother me if this only happens once or twice a month. At least I could save my leftovers until today and didn't have to get anything ready on Sunday night.

 Photo Credits for this post: freeimageslive / baronsboy

0 comments:

Post a Comment