Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Beginnings of a Journey


Where to start? That's a question I've been asking myself pretty often and one that I will be trying to tackle throughout the course of this blog. I have a huge amount of student debt, one that makes me cringe and nervous to look at as I make the payments for these loans.

My eventual goal is to become financially independent as soon as possible, hopefully sometime much sooner than the current retirement age. I really do not have a set goal in mind at current, and I'm not even sure how exactly I'm going to get there. Once again, I'm hoping that in doing this blog will help me to establish some definite goals and allow me to really see that debt I've been (unwisely) hiding from this whole time.

For this blog post, I'm going to be laying out all my student debt and totaling it all to show you (and myself) where I currently stand - something that I've very rarely done. Here goes nothing...


Loan  Loan Amount  Interest Rate
Private 1  $ 27,220.04 7.92%
Private 2  $ 20,097.38 7.92%
Private 3  $ 3,067.54 7.92%
Private 4  $ 3,588.77 7.35%
Gov 1  $ 22,041.66 5.22%
Gov 2  $ 7,704.42 6.80%
Total  $ 83,719.81

....Ouch. I think that's going to be all for my first post, I will go over more details about myself and where I'm at in other aspects in my next post.
Photo Credits for this post: Public Domain Pictures

0 comments:

Post a Comment